- The Mettmann district authority is liable only for their own contents on this website
- The Mettmann district authority cannot guarantee the correctness, completeness and currentness of its tourism offers in the Internet.
- The use of the Internet tourism offers of Mettmann district authority does not constitute an agreement between you and Mettmann district authority.
2. External Links
- This website contains links to the websites of third parties. The individual authors of these websites are responsible for their contents.
- Mettmann district authority is not able to control all external links continuously. If you inform us of a breach of applicable law on one of the linked sites or of a faulty link, we will immediately delete this link.
3. Copyright and ancillary copyright
- All contents published on this website are protected by copyright and or ancillary copyright
Private use and general information (free of license fees):
- You may download data for personal or other private use in the context of the copyright law.
- You may use the data to get information on the district of Mettmann and its tourism offers.
- All professional use – in particular direct or indirect commercial use – is only allowed upon conclusion of a licensing agreement with Mettmann district authority (or the respective authors as stated) and possibly upon payment of an appropriate licensing fee. This applies also to associations, political parties, religious communities and comparable organisations.
- We are prepared to grant you the usage rights accordingly. Please contact us; we will help you speedily and unbureaucratically.
- The presentation of this website in a frame of your website or the linking of this website or the use in your web services (such as presentation, downloading, processing and search services) is allowed only with the written permission of Mettmann district authority.
Breaches of the copyright or ancillary copyright are punishable.
- The texts on this website are suitable for the use of a screen reader. The language has been simplified as much as possible.
- Zoom function in modern browsers:
For persons with limited vision, modern browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome offer excellent enlargement possibilities. Modern browsers permit useful enlargement of Internet sites via the so-called zoom function, which allows you to enlarge the contents up to 1000 percent.
Special feature: not only the texts, but also all elements such as graphics and pictures can be enlarged. For this purpose, select ‚Ansicht’ (view) on the menu bar and determine the zoom factor. This adaptation can be done both via keyboard and mouse.
- This is how you zoom via keyboard:
With your keyboard it is very easy to effect this setting: All modern browsers allow the following key combinations, whereby the keys must be pressed simultaneously:
[ CTRL and + ] Enlarges the view
[ CTRL and - ] Reduces the view
[ CTRL and 0 ] Normal view (100%)
- This is how you zoom via mouse:
Select the commands "Ansicht" (view), "Zoom", "Vergrößern" (enlarge) or "Verkleinern" (reduce) in the menu of your browser. The function is the same in all modern browsers, but the denomination of the menu commands may vary. They are in any case self-explanatory.
- If you use a mouse with a scroll wheel, keep the CTRL key pressed and move the scroll wheel. You can thus enlarge or reduce the view.
- The browser Opera offers you the possibility to adapt your view in steps of 10. Such a ten percent increase of the enlargement can be achieved by pressing the + key, a reduction of the zoom level by 10 percent by pressing the – key. You get back to the normal view by pressing key 6. We would also like to mention the possibility with Opera to alternate between author and user mode. Numerous preset viewing possibilities, from high contrast to the view for small screens provide optimal setting comfort for almost any user.
- Internet Explorer as from version 7 has a zoom function that can enlarge or reduce an Internet site by adapting all contents of this site: texts and pictures. Adaptations from 10% to 1000% are possible. This is how it works via the button „Vergrößerungsstufe ändern“ (change zoom level): at the bottom right of the Internet Explorer screen is the button ‚change zoom level’. Click on the arrow to the right of the button. You can now use predefined zoom levels by clicking on the desired percentage. You can also determine your own zoom level by clicking on "Benutzerdefiniert"(user-defined), entering an enlargement value into the field Zoom in % and clicking on ‚OK’. If you simply click the button ‚change zoom level’, you can alternate rapidly between levels 100%, 125% and 150%.
- Enlargement function of older browsers without zoom function:
Even if you use an older version of Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, there is a very good enlargement function available, which however does not enlarge graphics and photos.
Mozilla & Firefox: Select menu item "Ansicht" (view) via the browser menu bar and determine the type size in percent. This is easier via the keyboard commands [ CTRL and + ] for enlarging and [ CTRL and - ] for reducing the type size. Set the type size back to the standard value 100 percent via the hot key [ CTRL and 0 ].
Internet Explorer: In Internet Explorer you can also enlarge the writing on this site. Choose menu item "Ansicht" (view) via the browser menu bar and determine the size of writing via the type size. However, in the IE you are able to choose between five levels from very small to very large only.
- Those who find that this does not enlarge enough must interfere a bit more in their operating system and change the settings in menu item "Eingabehilfen" (accessibility tools) in "Systemsteuerung" (system control). This is also the way to change the contrasts if required. As a standard feature, Windows offers numerous defaults. Proceed as follows: Go to zu "Start" > "Systemsteuerung" (Control Panel) or "Start" > "Einstellungen" > "Systemsteuerung" (settings > Control Panel). Open "Eingabehilfen" (accessibility tools). Choose tab "Anzeige" (display). Activate the checkbox "Kontrast" (contrast). Select a contrast of your choice in "Einstellungen" (settings). Confirm the changes.
- For the time being and for technical reasons, not all of the documents on this website provided for downloading in Portable Document Format (PDF) are easily accessible. We apologize to impaired persons for any inconvenience and ask for your patience. The documents will be converted to an easily accessible form step by step. Until then, please contact us if you have any problems.
- Internal and external links, publications and forms are always marked as such. Some parts of this website are linked to the visualization surface of a geographical information system (= leisure map). For technical reasons, this system is not yet easily accessible at present. We apologize to impaired persons for any inconvenience.
- Where this website uses the male gender in its texts, this is done to simplify the use of tools by impaired persons and at the same time improve the flow of reading. We point out explicitly that this does not constitute discrimination of the female gender.
- Mettmann district authority is interested in your opinion on this website: what did you like, what could we improve on, what did you not get along with, what did you not find? Please contact us at info(at)neanderland.de.